1. Fall Clean-up and Fund Raiser
Mark your calendars for October 13 &14 as the dog park will have its fall clean-up and fund raising weekend. Come show your support by helping with the clean-up starting at 10:00 both mornings. We will also be collecting donations both days and will have the dog park car magnets available. You can also make a donation anytime at our web site: http://www.ShirlingtonDogs.org
2. Please check with your employer to see if they have a giving program that will donate to support the dog park. Shirlington Dogs II is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is also registered through the Benevity Giving Platform.
3. We are in need of clean plastic bags such as those your newspaper comes in, for use in picking up dog poop. Please bring the bags to the park and put them in the two green mailboxes at either end of the park. You can also place them in an outer bag and hang it on the shed door handle.
4. The entire parking area next to the dog park entrance will be closed all day on Sunday, Sept 30, for Valley Fest. Oakland St will also be closed and parking will be very limited in the surrounding area as well.
5. As the days are getting shorter, please note that the Shirlington dog park closes 30 minutes after sunset. Everyone and their dogs MUST be out of the park by then. The closest dog park that has lights and is open later is Ft Bernard, which is up the hill on Walter Reed Drive. See the link on our site for details and list of other dog parks that are open later.