1. Arlington County Park Rangers will hold their annual Four Mile Run Stream cleanup on Saturday March 9, 10:00AM to 1:00PM. Closest location to meet is the pedestrian bridge between the dog park and Jennie Dean Park. For more info:
2. We are in need of clean plastic bags, like those your newspaper comes in, for use in picking up dog poop. Please bring the bags to the park and place them loosely in the two green mail boxes at either end of the park. If they are already full, please place bags in an outer bag and hang on the shed door handle.
3. As spring will soon be here, now is a good time to check to make sure all your pets’ vaccinations are up to date. All dogs entering the dog park MUST have current rabies vaccination tags as well as their dog license tags on them. Information for Arlington dog licenses can be found:
If you do not live in Arlington see your jurisdiction’s web site for how to register your dog.
4. Please be advised the Shirlington Dog Park closes 30 minutes after sunset. Everyone and their dogs MUST be out of the park by then. The closest dog park that has lights and is open later is Ft Bernard, which is up the hill on Walter Reed Drive. See the link on our site for details and list of other dog parks that are open later. www.ShirlingtonDogs.org
5. Two of the Shirlington Dogs II volunteers, Jennifer Agabin and James Warmack are leaving soon for Japan. Thanks to them for all their help and we wish them well.