1. In conjunction with the Humane Society’s annual World Spay Day, during the month of February and while supplies last, the Animal Welfare League of Arlington, AWLA, will offer significantly discounted Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Vouchers to low-income residents of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. For more info visit their site: https://www.awla.org/services/low-cost-spayneuter/
2. There have been no new developments within the Four Mile Run Valley Initiative regarding the Shirlington Dog Park since the release of the Dog Park Committee’s report this past fall, but it is best to stay vigilant and continue to let County staff and leadership know how vital the dog park is to you. For the latest news and to view the various documents go to their site: www.4MRV.com
3. As part of the ongoing initiative, county staff is looking at ways to improve the parking situation in the area. I have been advocating for some time that more spaces need to be made available for dog park users, but the county has been very slow to respond. If you drive to the dog park and have difficulty parking please let the county know and also inform them if you would be willing to pay a small fee if it meant having more spaces available at any given time. You can email your comments to: email@example.com and Scrim@arlingtonva.us
4. There still might be more snow in the forecast for this winter; as the groundhog did see its shadow. Remember that it is just as important to pick up the poop when there is snow on the ground and at all times regardless of the weather.
5. Please be advised the Shirlington Dog Park closes 30 minutes after sunset. Everyone and their dogs MUST be out of the park by then. The closest dog park that has lights and is open later is Ft Bernard, which is up the hill on Walter Reed Drive. See the link on our site for details and list of other dog parks that are open later.